The Perfect Tree Service For Your Roswell GA HOA
When considering your homeowne’rs association’s landscaping budget, your top priority should be your residents’ needs. Providing your community’s residents with a safe, aesthetically pleasing, and organized community is what makes a strong HOA that truly retains property value. When planning your landscaping budget for your Roswell HOA community, it is important to consider services such as a tree service, a landscaping service, and the cost of landscaping supplies.
On average, HOAs are known to spend anywhere from $45,000 to as high as $100,000 on landscaping projects per year. Keep in mind that the cost of paying for landscaping will be proportionate to the amount of time that a professional spends on your property.
Outlining Your Landscaping Budget
Creating a list of steps to follow when drafting a landscaping budget is crucial for a comprehensive plan. Outlining a budget, especially one as important and pricey as this, requires time, careful planning, and a lot of communication. Here are four tips for preparing your HOA landscape budget:
- Plan Ahead
- Allow yourself ample time to plan for your budget and keep a schedule with to-do’s and goals.
- Communicate with Board Members
- Always consider your fellow board members when making budgeting decisions. Have conversations about what is expected and needed in the community.
- Evaluate HOA Governing Document, Open Projects, and HOA History
- Review all updated and current governing records involving the HOA’s annual budget. Additionally, be aware of any open projects that may make your budget fluctuate throughout the year and review previous HOA budgets to pinpoint what tasks may need to be rethought.
- Create a Checklist
- As a board, create a list of needs and a list of wants for your community’s landscaping budget. Prioritize the needs budget first, and the wants budget second.
Creating a Customized Budget
When establishing a landscaping budget for your HOA, it is important to consider the amount of green space within the community. This allows the board to understand the amount of area they will be budgeting for. There are many things to keep in mind when creating such an important budget. Each HOA is different and needs a personalized touch that meets its needs while also providing value to potential homeowners and current residents in the area. When creating a landscaping budget that is friendly to your HOA, all board members should:
- Re-evaluate Common Areas of the Community
- Evaluate the Amount of “Green Space” Available within the HOA
- Evaluate What Will Attract New Homeowners to the Community
- Consider the Addition of Flowers, Mulch, and New Trees for the Community
- Plan Ahead for Installing New Common Areas with Benches, Gazebos, etc.
- Plan Ahead for a Playground Area if Necessary
- Take Note of the Changing Seasons
Tree Service and How it Can Make a Difference
Trees play a critical role when it comes to landscaping. Trees offer excellent curb appeal, a shady spot for residents to relax, a home to birds and other wildlife, and much more. They create a comfortable, diverse community which is why working with tree service professionals is important. Planting trees can add value to your neighborhood and provide a calming aesthetic within your community. When planning out your budget, understand that trees are a necessity in building a beautiful community.
Trees Atlanta suggests that, “The best time to plant [trees] is between November and March.”. Therefore, it would be ideal to plan for an increase in your budget for tree landscaping between these months.
It is also important to take care of the trees in your community. Dead and dying trees and tree limbs are “must-fixes” and can sometimes be costly, but it beats the headaches and expenses caused by downed power lines, blocked roads, injuries, and unwanted damages. HOA’s should take notice of these safety risks when budgeting. Contacting a local tree service like Trees of Georgia located here in Roswell to come out, evaluate, and then remove the dead or dying trees or tree limbs in the area will boost curb appeal and protect people and property.
Contact Trees of Georgia
The Roswell Area’s Trusted Tree Service
A well-planned landscaping budget can provide your residents with a happy and healthy living area that diversifies your community’s ecosystem and increases the value of your community. Trees are such an important part of landscaping—let Trees of Georgia bring value to your community. As a licensed and insured tree services company, we have been providing our local Roswell communities with excellent service since 2007. Whether it’s tree trimming or removal, you can count on us to provide the best services to bring your community to life at an affordable price.
For a free estimate, reach out to us today at (770) 882-4955 or fill out the contact form on our site.