Lush, beautifully landscaped yards are a pleasure for any homeowner to delight in. Unfortunately, other pesky critters and crawlers also like to delight in your beautiful outdoor space. It is important to protect your trees from pest damage. Trees of Georgia is the local expert in all things tree related. We’ve got your back when it comes to tree service in and around the Roswell area. For more information about our services and experience, click here.
Pest Damage is not only an eyesore but it can be dangerous. Trees that are experiencing pest damage are less secure and stable. Often it is a pest damaged tree to come down first in a storm. And this can be with little to no wind. In addition, pest damage can quickly spread to other trees and areas of landscaping. Yet, truly diagnosing whether a tree can be trimmed to address the problem of needs to be removed is hard for the untrained eye. Always remember at the first signs of tree damage, it is important to contact a professional tree service to properly evaluate a tree’s health.
Spotting Pest Damage
It is incredibly important to be proactive if you suspect a tree may have some pest damage. Do not hesitate to call in the experts, like Trees of Georgia, to inspect and evaluate the best solution. Before you call however, it’s important to know what to look for. Below are some things you should look out for to catch pest damage early on.
- Eggs: Keep an eye out for clusters on insect larvae. Defoliators, wood borers, and sap-sucking insects can cause some major damage to trees if they are left to mature. Look for clumps of eggs on leaves, at the base of the tree, on branches, and in holes. Discarding of the eggs before they hatch is the quickest way to stop pest damage from wreaking havoc on your yard.
- Holes: Holes in your tree can signify insects already inside the tree, eating their way through. Look for holes near the base of the tree and around the trunk. It is important to act quickly once the holes are spotted. Decaying and rotting trees are something no homeowner wants to deal with.
- Leaves: While changing leaves may seem like a good thing, yellowing leaves outside of the fall season are a big indicator of a diseased tree. Keep an eye out for yellowing and wilting leaves on trees. Trimming away the diseased branches may seem like an easy fix, but have a tree expert come and assess the extent of the damage to ensure all of the damage is taken care of.
- Branches: All of the above signs of damage can be found in the trunk or branches of a tree. Branches with signs of rotting, decay, and dying leaves should be removed for the overall health of the tree. Trees with weak branches or sagging branches should also be assessed for safety purposes.
Fixing Pest Damage with a Tree Service Professional
After you have located the pest damage in your trees it is best to call a tree care specialist to handle the tree care. Professional tree service providers know the best way to treat tree damage with methods that will provide the best overall results. Seeking out professional help also ensures that the damaged trees are dealt with as safely as possible. Injuring yourself or damaging another part of your property will only add more stress to an already seemingly stressful process, so just save yourself the hassle and call a local tree service professional, like Trees of Georgia in Roswell!
Tree trimming and tree removal are the two solutions to managing pest damage in your yard. Here’s how both can benefit you:
- Trimming: Removing infected branches saves the overall health of the tree and eliminates the risk of the branch falling and causing more damage. Trimming larger branches requires expert knowledge and the correct tools. Tree service providers are the best option for tackling this project.
- Removal: Sometimes a tree is too infested with pest damage to be saved. For the overall safety of your property, removing the tree is the best route. Tree service professionals know how to properly dispose of trees in ways that won’t damage your yard or other landscaping further.
Trees of Georgia, Your Tree Service in Roswell Professionals
Trees of Georgia is the local tree service leader in the Roswell area. We are committed to giving trees a healthy, long life and efficiently disposing of those past their prime. We provide tree trimming, removal, and stump grinding for prices that rival the competition. Trees of Georgia is licensed and insured, so you can trust us to provide safe and quality work.